Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Holiday Cookies Part 2

I love baking--not cooking, necessarily. Baking. Cookies, bread, muffins, scones, biscuits, pastries, pies....all the stuff that isn't very good for you (with the exception of whole wheat bread, I suppose). During the Christmas season, I want to be baking all the time (while listening to my favorite Christmas tunes) and I have visions of making delectable treats to put on festive plates to deliver to everyone I can think of. It never turns out as good as I want it to be. But I thought that I would post my favorite holiday cookie recipes this week to go along with the holiday cookies Laurel posted here.

First up, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. These are moist but cake-y cookies and I love, love, love them.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbl vanilla
1-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (depending on how chocolate-y you want them)

Directions:

Mix together pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until everything is combined. Mix in vanilla. (See picture below for an idea of the batter's consistency.)

Stir in chocolate chips. Drop heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet (if your cookie sheet is a dark metal, you may want to cover it in aluminum foil and then spray the foil and then drop the cookie dough on that). Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. (adapted from this allrecipes.com recipe.)

Eat them warm and melty and every day after until they are all gone. Or stick them in a ziploc and freeze them. They freeze really well. Enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment